By the 1840's, "To see the elephant" had become a catch phrase
meaning "to experience all that there is to see, to see all that can be endured,"
with the sense that after having "seen the elephant" there was nothing left to see.

For more information on prints contact Gene at: (916)985-3823 or e-mail at: genemendonca@gmail.com



Counter

Traveling

Traveling

About Me

My photo
I was born and raised in the Folsom, Californina area and retired from Cal Trans after working on Donner Summit for 32 years. I am a self-taught artist and enjoy drawing historic structures, mining landscapes, ghost towns, derelict boats, landscapes and trains. I use pastel chalk for most of my work, but also some pen/ink and charcoal drawings. The pastels are unique in the respect that they do not shed the chalk dust once framed. My studio/home in Carmet, just nort of Bodega Bay, is where I do most of my drawings. Although I have drawn most of my life, I recently rediscovered my passion for art. I have my pastels digitally reproduced in Sacramento and have a limited number of prints of each picture. My other hobbies are riding motorcycles, building model railroad layouts, chasing real trains and exploring ghost towns and old mining areas.

Gene's Music

#36 Jaws

7 3/4" X 11 3/4" $25.00 + $7.00 shipping


No comments:

Post a Comment